Hubert takes another win at Annamore Winter League
December 1st, 2016 | by Myles Kelly
Brian Nally reports that the 4th heat of the Fly Fishing Winter League at Annamoe was fished on November 26th. On the day there were 41 rainbows landed by 15 anglers. Each fish was measured and recorded and then returned safely back into the lake.
Hubert Smith won the day with 9 trout for 340cm, his second league win.
The Grand Final is scheduled to take place at 10am on Saturday 10th December.
Heat 4 Fly Fishing Winter League 26th November.
- 1st Hubert Smith 9 Trout 340cm.
- 2nd Ronan Meegan 5 Trout 220cms
- 3rd Pat McDonnell 5 Trout 210cms
- 4th Stuart McGraine 4 Trout 181cms
- 5th Roger Fowler 3 Trout 137cms
- 6th Nicholas Madden 2 Trout 98cms
Annamoe Trout Fishery is a 4 acre lake set on the banks of the Annamoe River. The lake is filled with trout up to 20lbs weight, where fly fishing only is permitted. Annamoe Fishery is also specialised in providing fly fishing classes for beginners and more advanced fishermen.