Laune Salmon and Trout Anglers’ Association reports on the latest salmon catches on the river…
08 June: Despite the hot and bright weather over the past few weeks the river Laune has continued to fish well. Since our last report just over 3 weeks ago Laune Anglers water have accounted for approx 30 salmon. What has been even more encouraging has been the size and quality of the fish caught. The majority of fish caught have bee good salmon into the double figures and the average size of the fish caught has been around 11lbs with fish up to 15lbs landed. One member landed 3 fish alone 2 weekends ago, 15lbs, 12lbs & 9lbs. Very few Grilse have been reported caught as of yet but this seems to be the case throughout the country. Fish have been caught on all methods, however the fly seems to have been the most productive method at the moment.
The river is currently at 0.88m on the gauge and is starting to get on the low side, however its still far from too low and fish are being seen running the river most days and there are still reports of fresh fish being caught in the Killarney lakes.
While the good weather is set to last for another week or so fishing should remain okay with plenty of water still for fish to run. When the main grilse appears the current lower water conditions will suite the Laune, slowing the fish down from running to the lakes too quickly.
Laune Salmon and Trout Anglers’ Association
Laune Salmon & Trout Anglers’ Association Permit Charges for 2018
- €25.00 a day Up to 31st July. A 7 day permit €140.00. (Weeks Fishing.)
- €35.00 a day in August and September. A 7 day permit €210.00. (Weeks Fishing.)
Fishing with a Member
- €20.00 a Day to July 31st – Fishing With a Member
- €30.00 a Day, during August and September – Fishing With a Member.
N.B. Permit Holder must be in the company of member when fishing. Members name must be printed on the permit stub.
Availability of Permits in August and September will depend on demand; number of permits sold may be restricted. After September 15th permit holders not allowed fish Charlie Johnston’s.
Permits Available From: Lander’s, Tralee – O’Neill’s, Killarney – O’Sullivan’s Shop, Beaufort Bridge – Billy Cotter, see below. – Michael O’Shea, see below.
Laune Anglers Guides:
- Billy Cotter Mob: 087 2105080 Email: [email protected]
- Michael O’Shea Mob: 087 2213835 Email: [email protected]
- John Buckley Mob: 086 8435028 Email: [email protected]
- John Scanlan Mob: 087 9667803 Email: [email protected]
- Damien O’Brien Mob: 087 7673157 Email:[email protected]
- John O’Neill Mob: 086 2055352 Email: [email protected]
More about the Laune…