The Government has published a medium-term strategy Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19. Ireland is currently at Level 3.
Inland Fisheries Ireland offers the following information to anglers as a guideline only. Government advice to stop the spread of coronavirus is BE RESPONSIBLE, BE SAFE.
The Government has moved the entire country to Covid-19 Level 3 restrictions, permitting the operation of non-essential business. Charter boats and angling guides may operate again while observing travel restrictions. Current travel restrictions mean anglers must stay in their own county, however, from 18th December 2020 to 6th January 2021 only, travel outside your county will be permitted.
Visiting international anglers should refer to government guidelines ‘Arriving to Ireland from another country’ for up-to-date advice.
Sporting events are permitted in Level 1 and Level 2 with restrictions. Competitions are NOT permitted at Levels 3-5. Organisers are advised to ensure that their events comply with Government guidelines specific to the level in operation and location of their events, and the advice of their governing body and Sport Ireland on running competitions safely.
General Guidance for everyone
- Follow Government protocols and public health guidelines.
- Observe physical distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart, if not possible wear a face covering.
- Park legally and responsibly if driving to outdoor amenities.
- Respect our emergency services and avoid activities that could potentially lead to emergency call outs.
- Respect the environment, animals & wildlife and dispose of waste properly.
- Travel separately, unless from the same household and visit outdoor areas at off peak times if possible.
Follow up-to-date Government advice, however changes to Government advice may result in amendments to this information. Clubs should consult with their governing body and Sport Ireland guidelines on running competitions safely. To stay safe, anglers should follow public health guidelines:
Max 2 persons in small boats to comply with physical distancing (unless from same household). Remember to maintain physical distancing on board and at slipways and access points.
Guides & Ghillies
Refer to Government’s ‘Return to Work Safely Protocol’.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Use a dummy rod set up to explain techniques, no sharing of cars or equipment.
- Ensure one person ties all knots, lands all fish and handles their own equipment only.
- Weighing and/or photographing of fish should be carried out with physical distancing.
- All payments should be made electronically where possible.
Charter Boat Owners
- Refer to the Government’s ‘Return to Work Safely Protocol’.
- Limit number of passengers to allow for physical distancing, no passengers allowed in wheelhouse.
- Provide hand sanitiser and encourage passengers to use it.
- No sharing of equipment. Hire rods should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
- All payments should be made electronically where possibl
BE RESPONSIBLE – BE SAFE
The power to control this pandemic is still in our hands