IFI angling guidelines that have been issued are to facilitate those that wish to take angling as their brief exercise while at all times following Government and HSE guidelines relating to social distancing.
IFI offers further clarification as follows:
- Fishing for a brief period means no more than an hour to an hour and a half
- Fish in a location less than or equal to 2km from your home
- Driving to fish is considered non-essential travel and therefore it is NOT APPROPRIATE for people to drive to a location whether within 2km or further from home for the purpose of fishing.
- Fish only where you have permission to fish – do not enter into private fisheries
- Use only legal methods
- Where you intend to fish club waters, check that they are open for fishing ( even if they are within 2km, they may not be open).