Do you want to help to protect the future of sea angling?
We want to hear from you!
Sea angling is an important recreational activity in Ireland, however very little is known about:
- Where we fish
- When we fish
- How much we catch & release
- The socio-economic benefits of sea angling
With your help, the Irish Marine Recreational Angling Survey (IMREC) is planning to address these questions.
Irish Marine Recreational Angling Survey
This survey has been developed:
- To promote sea angling as an important recreational activity
- To better document and characterise sea angling in Ireland
- To collect robust sea angling data to contribute to EU reporting requirements
- To provide information to improve management and conservation of the sea angling resource
- To provide information to contribute to a shared national responsibility to manage stocks properly for everyone
- To provide all stakeholders, and particularly anglers, with factual information about different species
Throughout Ireland in 2020 surveyors will be visiting angling venues to meet anglers (shore, charter and private boat) to collect catch information face-to-face.
If you encounter a surveyor please give a few minutes of your time to contribute towards a better understanding of the sea angling resource in Ireland.
IMREC at Angling Ireland 2020
Diarmuid Ryan will be giving presentations about IMREC at the Angling Ireland 2020 show in Swords this weekend.