Joe Fitzharris reports of some good fishing in Maloney/Keady Cup fished on Sunday 11-th September.
This annual event is kindly sponsored by Maloney/Keady Opticians Castlerea and attracted a reasonable entry in very wet but mostly good angling conditions.
Some good fish were returned on the day in what was a heaviest fish competition. The popular winner on the day was well known much travelled International Angler John Burke with a cracking fish of 3-lb 04.4 oz.
Best flies on the day the much coveted Just Add Water, yellow dabblers, Silver daddies and muddler peter patterns.
- 1st place Maloney/Keady Cup Winner (2022) – John Burke (Foxford) – Fish – 3-lb-04.4 oz.
- 2nd John Gaffey – Fish – 2 -lb-14.0 oz.
- 3rd Ronan Baggott – Fish – 2 -lb-10.6 oz. (Longest)
- 4th Michael McDermott – Fish – 2 -lb-10.6 oz.
- 5th Joe Fitzharris – Fish – 2 -lb – 05.6.