KILLASHANDRA, CAVAN and BUTLERSBRIDGE ANGLING CENTRES
SATELLITE PIKE WATERS IN THE CAVAN AND KILLASHANDRA AREA
9. Town Lake is located north of Killashandra Town. This small water covers an area of 31 hectares, has depths to 10m and regularly produces good catches of small to medium sized pike. A popular coarse angling venue it contains a good head of fodder fish. There is easy access to a clean shore from a car park off the Killashandra to Milltown Road. A facility for anglers who are wheelchair users and a boat slipway are provided at this venue.
10. Bawn Lake is located a short distance south of Killashandra on the R201 Killashandra to Carrigallen road. This small lake contains stocks of small to medium sized pike and has been developed for pike and coarse angling. Fishing is from stands on the southern roadside bank and the clean shoreline on the northern bank. Limited parking is available.
11. Disert and Derreskit (12) Lakes are located on the Cullies River system 2km west of Killashandra. Disert is only fishable by boat and is accessed from the town lake via the river. Derreskit lake has limited bank fishing space and permission must be obtained from the local landowner (enquire locally). These lakes produce good catches of small to medium sized pike but fish in excess of 20lbs have been recorded from Derreskit. Access and parking at Derreskit by permission.
13. Lough Inchin is located 5km north west of Cavan town. This small shallow lake, 35 hectares, contains good stocks of small to medium sized pike from 10 to 15 lbs with larger fish being taken occasionally. This lake is best fished from a boat owing to the limited availability of bank space. Access is from the lakeside road which has limited parking.
14. Swellan lake is located in Cavan Town and has limited bank fishing space.
15. Farnham Lake is on the course of the Cavan River close to the town and may only be fished by permission of the owners. Contact +353 (0) 49 437 7700
16. Derrygid Lake downstream from Farnham is best fished from a boat. Enquire locally about access.
17. Lavey Lake located alongside the N3 10km south of Cavan town has lakeside parking and is easily fished from the roadside shore.