Catch and Release for 2024
- Salmon from 15th March to 30th September.
- Brown Trout/Sea trout from 15th March to 12th October.
- It is prohibited to use any fish hooks, other than single or double barbless hooks
- It is prohibited to use worms as bait in angling for all species of fish
This river and lake system drains a catchment of 88 square kilometres and is 16km long from source to sea. It is managed by Inland Fisheries Ireland and gets a run of salmon and grilse approximately every year.
It also has a reasonable run of Sea-Trout that head for lough Brin at the headwaters of the system. Access throughout this river is excellent. There is one boat available on Lough Brin.
Permit – Lough Brin
Boat fishing is available on Lough Brin from 10 April to 30 September. Just one boat is available.
Permits available from the Blackwater Tavern.
- Day permit including boat – €25
Permits – Blackwater
- Season permit – €200
- Day permit Adult – €30
- Day permit Senior – €20
- Day permit Juvenile – €12.50