- Lough Currane/Watervillle/Cummeragh open for 2023
- River Inny Catch and Release for 2023
- Season – Salmon from 17th January to 30th September.
- Sea Trout – 17th January to 12th October. Sea trout fly only 1st – 12th October.
All sea trout fishing is Catch and Release only in the Waterville area:
- the River Inny (Knockmoyle) and its tributaries
- the waters of the Waterville system, including the Waterville River, Lough Currane, the Cummeragh River and all their tributary rivers and lakes
- the waters of Ballinskelligs Bay.
This rivers and lakes of Waterville drain a large catchment and are regarded by many as the foremost Salmon and Sea-Trout fishery in the country. The lake system is well developed with access to boats and guides being readily available to the tourist angler. The Sea-Trout caught here are renowned for their size and quantity.
Open – Brown tag fishery until May 11 in 2023.
This famous lake is on a spate river system and so water and weather conditions impact on fishing. There is an excellent network of angling guides and boat hire on this free fishery. Fair to good run of fish dependent on water. All legal angling methods allowed.
Fair to good run of fish depending on water levels. The best times are from early June to September. Sea trout to over 10 lbs. (4.5 Kilos) recorded annually from this famous lake. Better numbers of specimen fish have been recorded in recent years and a good run of summer fish. Free fishing but a state licence is required for both salmon and sea trout. All legitimate angling methods allowed.
Other Fisheries in the System
Map of Lough Currane and the Waterville lakes and rivers
Contacts – Waterville Fishery Development Group www.loughcurrane.com.