Joe Fitzharris reports from Lough O’Flynn…
There has been a slight increase in anglers using Lough O’Flynn in recent weeks as society slowly returns to normal. However fly anglers have been having it fairly tough going in reasonable conditions. Below, is a summary of recorded catches with below average size of trout been returned.
- Phillip McGoldrick & Anthony Baggott recorded a fish a piece @1lb.
- Daniel McDermott & Ruairi Comer caught 4 trout with best fish @1lb.
- Husband and wife team Padraic & Deirdre Gallagher had 7 – fish @ 1 lb
- Joe Fitzharris & Dan McDermott while targeting overwintered fish each had fish over 2lb.
- Vladock Bogdan had 3 fish averaging a pound for his outing.
Lough O’Flynn is a 300 acre rich limestone lake located in Co Roscommon just north of Ballinlough village. There are good stocks of wild and stocked brown trout averaging about 1.5 lbs with fish to 3 to 4lbs sometimes caught.
Find out more about Lough O’Flynn…
Facebook: Lake O`Flynn and District Anglers Association