Kilkenny, Thomastown Inistioge Co. Kilkenny – Catch & Release for 2020
Season: 17th of March – 30th of September and best time of year is June to September depending on water. Find out more about the River Nore.
Open, Closed and Catch and Release fisheries
No. 2 or Wexford District
No. 3 or Waterford District
The following rivers prohibit the taking of any sea trout (under 40cm) as well as prohibiting the use of worms as bait and any fish hooks other than single barbless hooks in angling for sea trout (under 40cm) (bye-law no. 943, 2016).
In the rivers, that are open (when the bag limit has been reached) or where catch and release applies or where fishing for sea trout under 40cm in a closed river;
- There is a ban on the use of worms
- Anglers must use single or double, barbless hooks
- Fish must be returned alive to the water
- Any fish (all species) foul hooked must be returned to the water alive
Guides and Instructors in the Southern Board
- Guides and Instructors in Co. Kilkenny
- Guides and Instructors in Co. Tipperary
- Guides and Instructors in Co. Waterford
- Guides and Instructors in Co. Cork