Want to know how to get to visit the island of Ireland? Check out how to fly, drive, or sail from wherever you are in the world, then pack your bags, grab your passport and you’re all set! Find out more at the Discover Ireland website.
Fishing tour operators
Whether you fancy deep sea fishing with an ocean of opportunity, spending time surrounded by wildlife and wild salmon and trout or sitting quitely in some of the most fabulous landscapes in the world fishing for pike or coarse fish, our tour operators can help you plan your trip of a lifetime… Find tour operators specialising in angling trips in Ireland at the Discover Ireland website.
Irish Angler Welcome accommodation
The gentle lapping of the water, the whirr of the reel as you cast your line. An angling holiday in Ireland is every angler’s dream come true with such a wide variety of species to fish and such stunning scenery to enjoy! Anglers Welcome B&B’s make that dream a reality by offering storage facilities, fridge/freezers for bait and specialist help with arranging ghillies and licence permits. Can you resist the temptation?
Great Fishing Houses of Ireland
The Great Fishing Houses of Ireland represents the finest salmon fishing and trout fishing establishments across the country. The group is comprised of Irish Hotels, Country Houses, B&B’s and Guesthouses that have all met the most stringent standards of accommodation and have the premises, the fly fishing, the facilities and the staff to offer a truly complete angler’s holiday.
Where to Stay? Lavish country houses, sumptuous castles, modern boutique hotels and more – wherever you want to stay, Ireland has a spot to suit. Find out more and book your accommodation at the Discover Ireland Website.
This website provides comprehensive information on all aspects of angling in Ireland. Use this list to find what you want or simply enjoy browsing the site.
- Angling Regulations
- Fishing Reports
- Angling Organisations
- Irish Specimen Fish Committee
- More useful links.
All of our angling publications can be downloaded here.
- Angling Guide to Ireland’s South West (6.91 MB)
- Fishing in Ireland’s North East (2.7 MB)
- Angling in North Mayo (2.13 MB)
- Boyne Valley Angling Guide (2.95 MB)
- Lough O’Flynn & Upper Suck Valley Angling Guide (2.99 MB)
- A Guide to Pike, Eel & Coarse Fish Bye Laws (1.51 MB)
- defaultFish identification handbook (1.68 MB)
- A Guide to Protecting Freshwater Fish Stocks from the parasite Gyrodactylus salaris (238.48 kB)
- A pike angler’s guide to fishing in the Erne and South Donegal (3.73 MB)
- Pike Handling and Conservation
- Sea angling guide to the east coast (3.08 MB)
- Sea angler’s guide to Kilmore Quay (1.75 MB)
- A guide to sea angling in the Southern Region (7.35 MB)
- A Shore & Small Boat Sea Angling Guide to the Shannon District (7.42 MB)
- West of Ireland Sea Angling Guide, Clew Bay – North Clare (7.86 MB)
- A guide to sea angling in the North Western Region (6.32 MB)
- A guide to sea angling in the Donegal region (6.13 MB)
- defaultRiver Feale Angling Guide (9.19 MB)
- River Suir Angling Guide (2.94 MB)
- Lough Conn & Lough Cullin Game Angling Guide (2.38 MB)
- County Sligo Game Angling Guide (4.33 MB)
- County Mayo Game Angling Guide (5.49 MB)
Salmon angling and Sea trout angling
- defaultSalmon and Sea Trout Angling Regulations 2013 (1.34 MB)
- Ballina Salmon Capital – River Moy Map and Guide (1.56 MB)
- Sea Trout Angling on Ireland’s North West Coast (4.36 MB)
- River Eany Angling Guide (3.60 MB)
- Gwebarra Angling Guide (1.16 MB)
- Lough Owel Angling Guide (1.73 MB)
- Lough Sheelin Angling Guide (919.74 kB)
- Lough Arrow Angling Guide (2.36 MB)
- Lough Doon Angling Guide (943.74 kB)
- River Annalee Angling Guide (1.37 MB)
- Peche dans la Vallee de la Boyne – 1 (1.76 MB)
- Peche dans le Vallee de la Boyne – 2 (615.84 kB)
- La Vallée de la Suir (pêche des Saumon et truite) (4.52 MB)
- Peche en Nord Mayo (2.09 MB)
- Guide de la Pêche du brochet dans l’Erne et le Donegal Sud (3.60 MB)
- Angeln im Boyne Valley (3.38 MB)
- Angeln in Nord Mayo (2.15 MB)
- Angeln auf Salmoniden im County Mayo (5.53 MB)
While there is no question about the wonderful diversity of angling in Ireland there is so much more to a holiday here. The angler’s family will find plenty to do if they don’t want to enjoy a day fishing.
Visit the Discover Ireland website for more information.
About this Website
Inland Fisheries Ireland uses this website to promote angling in Ireland.