A total of 33 anglers turned up to fish the 5th IFPAC qualifier of the 2018/2019 season. This leg was fished on the River Inny near Ballymahon. Fishing was patchy with a total of 56 fish caught. Sizes were modest enough but there were two doubles caught.
Results are as follows:
- 1st Pat Dunphy 21lb ( 7 fish )
- 2nd Albert Mc Namara 16lb 5oz (8 fish)
- 3rd Fran Crosbie 13lb 12oz (5 fish)
- 4th Gerard Dimbylow 13lb 5oz (2 fish)
- 5th Gary Quinn – aka Yahoo! 12lb 8oz (3 fish)
- 6th Eddie Mc Guirk 12lb (2 fish)
- 1st William Laverty 10lb 14oz
- 2nd Eddie Mc Guirk 10lb
- 3rd Gary Quinn 8lb 9oz
The Irish Federation of Pike Angling Clubs (IFPAC) is a body representing pike anglers in Ireland, North and South.The IFPAC was founded on 17th January 1988 at a meeting held at the Ardboyne Hotel, Navan. The membership for that year stood at fifteen clubs representing six hundred anglers, today membership of IFPAC is approaching 100 affiliated clubs representing in excess of seven thousand anglers from all walks of life.