Anglers in the Shannon Region must have a Permit (ticket charge) to fish for trout, pike or coarse fish in the Midland Fisheries Group of controlled waters. This area comprises the following river catchments;
- RIVER SUCK and tributaries.
Lough O’Flynn, Lough Acalla, Hollygrove Lake, Stonehams Lake, Lough Lung, Blacks Lake
- RIVER INNY and tributaries.
Lough Sheelin, Lough Owel, Lough Ennel, Lough Derravaragh, Lough Glore, Louh Kinale, Bracklough Lough Patrick, Lough Iron
- RIVER BROSNA and tributaries.
Ballinafid Lake, Doolin Pond, McEvoys Lake, Sheever Lake, Slevins Lake, Mount Dalton Lake
- LITTLE BROSNA RIVER and tributaries.
Camcor River. Angling is not permited in the Birr Castle Demense
- CAMLIN RIVER and tributaries.
This permit is not required to fish the main River Shannon or other fisheries whose fishing rights are NOT under the control of the Inland Fisheries Ireland.
FISHING PERMIT DISTRIBUTORS
- Rory Harkin, Rory’s Fishing Tackle, 17A Templebar, Dublin 2
Tel: 01 6772351 Fax: 01 6719986
- David Mc Bride, Southside Angling Centre, Unit D, Southgate, Cork Street, Dublin 8
Tel: 01 4530266 or 01 4737847.
- Brenda Montgomery, Inland Fisheries Ireland – Lough Sheelin Office, Mullaghboy Kilnaleck
Tel: 049 4336144
- Crover House Hotel, Lough Sheelin
Tel: 049 8540206
- Brian Webber, Sports World, 11 Town Hall, Cavan Town
Tel: 049 4331812
- Geraldine Clarke – Shop Finea Village, Lough Sheelin
Tel: 043 6681158
- Chris Brummell, Roscrea Road, Birr, Co. Offally
Tel: 057 9122082
- Vivado Fishing Tackle, Riverside Street, Tullamore, Co. Offally
Tel: 085 1238158
- Brian Conlon, Wild Total Outdoors, Friar’s Mill Road, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
Tel: (044) 930 1133
- O’Malley Tackle Shop Main Street Mullingar Co. Westmeath
Tel: 044 9348300
- Brid Comber, Main Street, Ballinlough, Co Roscommon
Tel: 094 9640471
- Robert Flynn, The Square, Castlerea, Co Roscommon
Tel: 094 9620028
- Bernard Keane, Keane’s Centra, Athleague, Co. Roscommon
Tel: 090 6663849
IFI Office Limerick
- Inland Fisheries Ireland – Limerick,
Ashbourne Business Park, Dock Rd, Limerick
Tel: 061 300238