- Catch and release for the 2021 season
- It is prohibited to use any fish hooks, other than single or double barbless hooks
- It is prohibited to use worms as bait in angling for all species of fish
This river and lake system drains a catchment of 34 square miles and is 10 miles long from source to sea. It is managed by Inland Fisheries Ireland and gets a run of 1500 Salmon and Grilse approximately every year. It also has a reasonable run of Sea-Trout that head for lough Brin at the headwaters of the system. Access throughout this river is excellent. There are two boats available on Lough Brin.
Season – Salmon from 15th March to 30th September.
Brown Trout/Sea trout from 15th March to 12th October.
Contacts _ The Manager, Blackwater Fishery, Kenmare, Co Kerry. The Blackwater Tavern, (adjacent to the Kerry Blackwater river).
Permit – Lough Brin
Permits are not currently been sold for Lough Brin
- Day permit including boat – €25
Permits – Blackwater
- Season permit – €200
- Day permit Adult – €30
- Day permit Senior – €20
- Day permit Juvenile – €12.50