The water levels on the Laune increased slightly at the start of last week but dropped again towards the weekend and fishing conditions were poor. This week has had a fair bit of rain and the gauge at Laune Bridge has been steady at 1.5. The Flesk reported reasonable levels for the week and has quite a flood in in it now.
There were no reports of catches last week though. The lakes were very quiet and there were fewer anglers than normal fishing the the rivers and lake.
Lough Leane, Muckross Lake and the Upper Lake, Killarney, Co. Kerry are part of the River Laune catchment. Fishing is free on these lakes. A reasonable number of salmon are taken mainly on the troll with some big spring salmon annually accounted for.
Permits for Beat 2 are available online: https://permits.fishinginireland.info/product-category/permits-cork-and-kerry/laune-fishery-muckross-beat/
Laune Anglers Association
Permits Available From: Lander’s, Tralee – O’Neill’s, Killarney – O’Sullivan’s Shop, Beaufort Bridge – Billy Cotter, see below. – Michael O’Shea, see below.
Laune Anglers Guides:
- Billy Cotter Mob: 087 2105080 Email: email@example.com
- Michael O’Shea Mob: 087 2213835 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Buckley Mob: 086 8435028 Email: email@example.com
- John Scanlan Mob: 087 9667803 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Damien O’Brien Mob: 087 7673157 Email:email@example.com
- John O’Neill Mob: 086 2055352 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org