ANGLING REPORT FOR WEEK-ENDED SUNDAY 6TH JUNE 2021
Reports of two big spring Salmon (18lbs and 15lbs) and five Grilse caught on Killarney Lakes. A 6lbs Grisle was caught on Beat 2 of the Laune.
Water levels have dropped but remain at a moderate level. The fishing conditions were good and fishing efforts increased over the bank holiday weekend. Trollers on the Killarney lakes were constant throughout the week.
Levels on the Flesk were also good, but the river was quiet as anglers wait for the grilse run.
Lough Leane, Muckross Lake and the Upper Lake, Killarney, Co. Kerry are part of the River Laune catchment. Fishing is free on these lakes. A reasonable number of salmon are taken mainly on the troll with some big spring salmon annually accounted for.
Permits for Beat 2 are available online: https://permits.fishinginireland.info/product-category/permits-cork-and-kerry/laune-fishery-muckross-beat/
Laune Anglers Association
Permits Available From: Lander’s, Tralee – O’Neill’s, Killarney – O’Sullivan’s Shop, Beaufort Bridge – Billy Cotter, see below. – Michael O’Shea, see below.
Laune Anglers Guides:
- Billy Cotter Mob: 087 2105080 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael O’Shea Mob: 087 2213835 Email: email@example.com
- John Buckley Mob: 086 8435028 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Scanlan Mob: 087 9667803 Email: email@example.com
- Damien O’Brien Mob: 087 7673157 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- John O’Neill Mob: 086 2055352 Email: email@example.com