Inland Fisheries Ireland is seeking applicants for the 2021 recruitment campaign for seasonal Fisheries Officers nationwide. The positions will see the successful applicants support the development and protection of Ireland’s fisheries resource during the summer period. There are numerous roles available across six operational districts.
The roles are available on a six month basis with contracts commencing from Monday the 31st of May 2021 and training provided to all new recruits. Interviews will take place on the 14th, 15th and 16th of April 2021. The locations for the new positions will be based across the country in the following districts:
- Eastern River Basin District: CityWest, County Dublin; Kilcoole, County Wicklow; Virginia, County Cavan; Drogheda, County Louth.
- South Eastern River Basin District: Enniscorthy, County Wexford; New Ross, County Wexford; Carrick on Suir, County Tipperary.
- South Western River Basin District: Bantry, County Cork; Farnanes, County Cork; Tralee, County Kerry; Kenmare, County Kerry.
- Shannon River Basin District: Listowel, County Kerry; Limerick, County Limerick; Clare, County Clare; Lough Sheelin, County Cavan; Drumsna, County Leitrim.
- Western River Basin District: Galway City, Lough Corrib, County Galway; Erriff Fishery, County Galway; Moy Fishery, County Mayo; Bangor, County Mayo; Ballina, County Mayo.
- North Western River Basin District: Cavan, County Cavan; Ballyshannon, County Donegal; Letterkenny, County Donegal; Clady Crolly, County Donegal; Northern Donegal, County Donegal.
The closing date for applications is Monday the 22nd of March 2021. Applicants should be available for interview on the 14th,15th and 16th of April 2021 with a start date on Monday the 31st of May 2021. To find out more about the roles and how to apply, visit www.fisheriesireland.ie/careers