Inland Fisheries Ireland has updated its angling guidelines to reflect the latest Government and National Public Health Emergency Team advice.
As and from May 6th
- anglers may fish in a location less than or equal to 5km from home
IFI owned/managed state fisheries are open with the exception of the Galway and Moy fisheries.
ESB fisheries are now also open.
The status of private and club run fisheries is a matter for the fishery manager/committee.
Permits for the following IFI owned/managed fisheries can be purchased online from 06 May
- Midlands Fishery Group permits
- South West Stocked Lakes
- Laune Fishery (Muckross)
- Kerry Blackwater
Visit http://shop.fishinginireland.info/ to buy online
Permits for all other IFI owned/managed fisheries can be purchased over the phone from the local RBD or fishery office.
Please note that we are not opening those fisheries that require an IFI hire boat at this time, eg Ballinlough, Lough Brin etc.
Inland Fisheries Ireland will continue to monitor the situation and make further updates as appropriate in line the Governments Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business.
Salmon licences will be available to purchase online from 06 May.
Anglers will now receive an electronic version of their licence that they can print out and carry with them. Tags will be issued in the usual way by IFI offices.
Visit https://store.fishinginireland.info/ to buy online.
Updated Angling guidelines
- Fishing is permitted within 5km of your home
- Maintain social distancing at all times, especially at car parks, access points and launch sites.
- Anglers from different households should not share transport e.g. car/van when travelling to fish.
- Limit contact with other anglers and providers.
- Permit/licence sales online where possible
- Maximum 2 persons from different households in small boat for inland/inshore fishing
- Angling businesses may only open once classified as an essential service and should only operate if they can provide online/contactless services.
- Charter fishing or guided fishing may only operate where skippers/guides can guarantee compliance with social distancing measures.
- Recommend no competition fishing
- Facilities where anglers could gather to remain closed – lunch huts, etc.
- Where such facilities at 10 above are essential fishery should remain closed.
- Recommend anglers/guides/skippers to carry hand sanitiser and to use it after touching surfaces such as gates, stiles, pier railings, ladders, etc.