Good rain and water levels holding.
Small number of salmon caught. Still waiting on Grilse run.
Water levels were still very low and fishing conditions poor at the beginning of the week. Once the rain came the Laune increased to 1.2m improving fishing conditions
On Friday the 7th there was a 10lb Salmon caught with a spinner on Beat 2 of the Laune.
The Killarney lakes have moderate fishing conditions.
Boats were trolling on the lakes and trout was being caught on the fly from the shore.
Lough Leane, Muckross Lake and the Upper Lake, Killarney, Co. Kerry are part of the River Laune catchment. Fishing is free on these lakes. A reasonable number of salmon are taken mainly on the troll with some big spring salmon annually accounted for.
Permits for Beat 2 are available online: https://permits.fishinginireland.info/product-category/permits-cork-and-kerry/laune-fishery-muckross-beat/
Laune Anglers Association
Permits Available From: Lander’s, Tralee – O’Neill’s, Killarney – O’Sullivan’s Shop, Beaufort Bridge – Billy Cotter, see below. – Michael O’Shea, see below.
Laune Anglers Guides:
- Billy Cotter Mob: 087 2105080 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael O’Shea Mob: 087 2213835 Email: email@example.com
- John Buckley Mob: 086 8435028 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Scanlan Mob: 087 9667803 Email: email@example.com
- Damien O’Brien Mob: 087 7673157 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- John O’Neill Mob: 086 2055352 Email: email@example.com