Joe Fitzharris reports from Lough O’Flynn…
We had 15 anglers participating in a club outing on Sunday in very wet conditions. Nevertheless the fishing was good on the day with most anglers catching and releasing trout (a 2- fish return rule applied on the day). Best flies included Blue damsel, silver dabblers, sedges and daddies.
Results as follows,
- 1-st Derek Madden, 2- fish for 4 lb -12.8 oz
- 2-nd Mark Malone, 2- fish for 4 lb – 01.6oz.
- 3-rd Joe Fitzharris, 2- fish for 4 lb – 00.0 oz.
Other angling returns include,
- John Gaffey & Sean Scanlon 9- fish best fish 2-lb
- Daniel Shaughnessy & Joe Fitzharris had 3-fish best 2-1/2 lb
- Jim Glynn & Eamonn Gavin had 5 – fish for outing best 2- 1/2 lb.
- Ray burns & Anthony Baggott had 7- fish best 1-1/2 lb.
Lough O’Flynn is a 300 acre rich limestone lake located in Co Roscommon just north of Ballinlough village. There are good stocks of wild and stocked brown trout averaging about 1.5 lbs with fish to 3 to 4lbs sometimes caught.
Find out more about Lough O’Flynn…
Facebook: Lake O`Flynn and District Anglers Association