Coarse angling in the south west of Ireland is centred on the River Lee system and anglers are required to buy a permit to fish on the central sections of the system (Inniscarra and Carrigadrohid lakes). Permit fees are very affordable with the revenue being reinvested in the fishery for the benefit of anglers.
Inniscarra is host to a number of international competitions this area offers excellent bream, rudd, bream-rudd hybrid angling.
Inniscarra and Carrigadrohid Hotspots
- Innisleena: 1 mile west of the Inniscarra Dam on the northern shore. Stop at the small car parking area beside the lake shore and fish the deep water to the east, off the disused roadway.
- Dripsey Arms: West of Griffen’s Garden Centre.
- Rooves Bridge: The small bay 600m East of teh bridge
- The Caumruad: An easily accessible shallow, weedy area. Beside the main road east of Carrigadrohid village.
- Carrigadrohid: Fish both banks upstream of Castle Bridge. This section varies in water depth and fishes best when the water is high with minimum flow. For your own safety listen for the hooter which is sounded when water is being released from the dam.
- Dunisky: 7 km from Macroom on Cork Road.
- Farranvarrigane: 3.5 km from Macroom on Cork Road.
- New Bridge: 1 Km downstream from bridge.
Buy online: https://permits.fishinginireland.info/
Permits are also available from the following:
- IFI Macroom
- Murray Tackle shop, Patricks Street, Cork
- Cathleen’s Shop, Coachford
- Mary Anne’s Pub, Masseytown, Macroom.
The ESB amenity officer is Dan Riordan and he can be contacted on 087 7506605
- Restricted fishing areas: 150 metres from dams; within station grounds or its environs.
- ESB or IFI Macroom shall not be liable for any injury loss or damage to any person or property whatsoever or howsoever arising either directly or indirectly from the issue of a permit.
- All methods of legalised baits may be used.
- Anglers must respect the rights and property of landowners whose land they may have to cross or whose lands they may occupy when fishing.
- The unauthorised lighting of fires, the breaking of hedges, or any other damage caused by a permit holder while fishing the Board’s waters will be treated as an offence against the Board’s conditions.
- All fish caught must be returned to the lake.
- Anyone found breaking the Boards regulations or conditions may have his permit withdrawn for the remainder of the current season and may also have a permit withdrawn for a subsequent season should the breach occur at the end of the current season.
- In the interest of safety, only bank fishing is allowed.
- Angling Returns to be submitted to ESB
Lee Valley Harbour
Phone: + 353 21 743 4818 and +353 87 192 3722
E-mail: [email protected]
Lee Reservoirs Angling Services
Ross Macklin 087 920 8742
Sidney Kennedy 087 281 6778
Email: [email protected]