- Catch and release for the 2018 season
- It is prohibited to use any fish hooks, other than single barbless hooks
- It is prohibited to use worms as bait in angling for all species of fish
The Screebe Fishery is a privately-owned series of lakes connected by small rivers, with good runs of spring salmon, grilse and some sea trout. Screebe House provides luxurious accommodation and high-quality cuisine, with guides and fishing available. The lower fishery fishes in any water, as salmon can access the lake on high tides and do not need flood conditions to run. The upper fishery fishes best after a spate. Numbers fishing are strictly limited, and beats are rotated.
Spring salmon run into the lakes from May, with grilse starting in June and peaking in July.
The fishery gets a small run of sea trout from July, with fish averaging 0.5lbs. Current legislation requires that all sea trout are released alive.
- Salmon: 1 February to 30 September
- Sea trout: 1 June to 12 September
- Brown Trout: 1 February to 12 October