Resilience and recovery 2020-2021: Living with covid-19
The Government has published a medium-term strategy Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19.
Inland Fisheries Ireland offers the following information to anglers as a guideline only. Government advice to stop the spread of coronavirus is BE RESPONSIBLE, BE SAFE.
Anglers are advised to comply with Government guidelines specific to the region in which they live and wish to travel to, see Current status of the Plan for Living with COVID-19. Travel is only permitted within 5km of your home.
Visiting international anglers should refer to government guidelines ‘Arriving to Ireland from another country’ for up-to-date advice.
Organisers are advised to ensure that their events comply with Government guidelines specific to the level in operation and location of their events, and the advice of their governing body and Sport Ireland on running competitions safely. Angling competitions are not permitted.
General Guidance for everyone
- Follow Government protocols and public health guidelines.
- Observe physical distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart, if not possible wear a face covering.
- Park legally and responsibly if driving to outdoor amenities.
- Respect our emergency services and avoid activities that could potentially lead to emergency call outs.
- Respect the environment, animals & wildlife and dispose of waste properly.
- Travel separately, unless from the same household and visit outdoor areas at off peak times if possible.
Remain within 5km of your home. Follow up-to-date Government advice, however changes to Government advice may result in amendments to this information. Angling competitions are not permitted..
To stay safe, anglers should follow public health guidelines:
- STAY home if you have symptoms
- Hand Hygiene
- Cough Etiquette
- Physical Distancing 2m
Max 2 persons in small boats to comply with physical distancing (unless from same household). Remember to maintain physical distancing on board and at slipways and access points. Remain within 5km of your home.
Guides & Ghillies
Guides and Ghillies are not included in the Governments list of essential services.
Charter Boat Owners
- Anglers are not permitted to participate in the Tuna CHART programme.
- Regular charter boat operation is not included in the Governments list of essential services.
BE RESPONSIBLE BE SAFE
The power to control this pandemic is still in our hands