There were some incredible pole weights on Lough Sillan for the Cootehill Festival last week!
The scaled down version of the Cootehill Championships was run by CM Lakelands Feeder Club and anglers fished the Caravan Park and Deeps as well as fishing Monaghan venues Mullinary and White Lough at Bairds Shore. All anglers enjoyed some great pole and whip fishing with significant catches of roach and hybrids.
Congratulations to the winner Tony Hopkins who broke the 30kg barrier on Wednesday and finished the festival with 97.7kg.
- 1st Tony Hopkins 97.700kg
- 2nd Kevin Johnson 90.420kg
- 3rd Johnny Keith 83.040kg
- 4th Robertas Zilaitis 82.520kg
- 5th Steve Whyte 78.300kg
- 6th Philip Jackson 74.840kg
- 7th Brenton Sweeney and Paul Leese 69.060kg.
The event operated safely in accordance with current times.