This is a large Salmonid habitat which drains a catchment of some 320 square miles.
The lakes and rivers of this system have very good populations of reasonably sized Brown Trout that accept a fly eagerly.
Large Ferox Brown Trout can be caught on Lough Leane by trolling large artificial baits.
Access is good throughout and boats and guides are available.
Season – Salmon from 17th January to 30th September. Sea-Trout, 17th January to 30th September. Brown Trout 15th February to 12th October.
Contacts _ Inland Fisheries Ireland,
Laune Salmon Anglers, Lough Leane Anglers , Clonkeen Anglers.
Permit Prices – Beat 1 and 2
- Season permit €240
- Day permit Adult- Salmon €30, Trout €10
- Day permit Juvenile/Senior – Salmon €15, Trout €10
- Half Day permit (trout only)- Trout €6
Permits are also available from
- Joan O’Sullivan The Shop Beaufort Killarney Co. Kerry
Tel. 064 6644397
- Foleys Shop & Filling Station, Fossa, Killarney, Co. Kerry
Tel. 064 6633907
- O’ Neill’s of Killarney, 6 Plunkett St. Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Tel. 064 6631970
- Landers Outdoor World, Mile Height, Killarney Road, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Tel: 066 7126644